By default 'Migrate File Comments' is disabled and any implications must be considered before enabling this setting. It is recommended that you first test this option.
The 'Migrate File Comments' setting allows for the migration of Google Document comments which are listed in 'Table 1'. Comments added to Microsoft Office and PDF files are embedded in the documents and will be migrated when performing a 'Drive' migration.
At the time of creating this article the Google API has the following restrictions :
- The user's email who created the comment is not returned in the API.
- CloudMigrator will attempt to locate the user who created the comment using the display name. If a user can not be found or more than 1 user is found with the same display name the comment will be added and prefixed with "On behalf of firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Disabling comment notifications is not supported and email notifications will be sent in the following cases
- The user who created the initial thread will receive email notifications.
- Any users outside of your domain who have been 'mentioned' in a comment will also receive an email notification.
- Reply comments will send notifications to the user whom they are replying too.
Comment migrations are supported for the following :